SnoClaws Tire Chart(Pre-fit instructions below)Now with durable urethane straps!SnoClaws work well with every tire size from garden tractor for plowing driveways
up to large SUV / Truck and Fleet size tires for highway use.Be sure to check your clearance!
How to order
One Minute Installation per Tire!
SnoClaws Installation Instructions below
Before you install SnoClaws, you must ensure that there is sufficient clearance between the backside of the tire and the vehicle's suspension components on the drive wheels.
- Determine the vehicle’s drive wheels location (front, rear, or 4WD). If you do not know, consult your owner’s manual or dealer. SnoClaws are usually installed on the rear of a 4WD vehicle, but they may be installed on all four wheels for maximum traction.
- Run the palm of your hand around the inside of your tire to check clearance. If the backside of your hand contacts any of the suspension components (springs, brake lines, frame, etc.), you probably cannot use SnoClaws on your particular vehicle. Please consult your dealer or call Flex-Trax at 423-244-8454 for more information.
SnoClaws’ unique design allows one product to fit a wide range of tire sizes. It does require that the product be test fit and adjusted to the exact dimensions of your tire. It is essential that the links be custom-fit according to the following procedure, especially on smaller tires. If not, it is possible that excessively long straps may interfere with the undercarriage during use and cause damage to SnoClaws or the vehicle.
|NO! - excess ladder strap is too long
||OK! - excess ladder strap is proper length
- Once you have determined the proper length to cut your straps by test fitting them to your vehicle, cut each strap along the proper score mark with a utility knife, then bend the strap sharply at this location until it breaks.
- Test fit the SnoClaws one more time to ensure that all straps engage properly and stick out past the buckle at least one inch (2.5cm), but not past the next “track”.
- After SnoClaws are adjusted properly for your vehicle, fold the links and fit all tracks into the plastic carrying case. Put the SnoClaws in your trunk and you’ll have assurance that you can handle anything Mother Nature can dish out -- snow or mud!
NOTE* Changes to published information sheet
1. Strap Cut-off length varies with different manufactured tire specs, so not such a good idea to provide generic information.
2. O-rings are no longer utilized. This idea too was ineffective.
What we ask now, is that you cut the straps (remove excess strap length) to approx 1"-2" beyond the mounted set in a taunt position. (Strap length should not over ride adjacent trax.) Be careful not to remove too much length which would prevent insertion into buckles. This procedure is sufficient for highway service.
© Copyright 2016 Patent Development Company, LLC. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed WITHOUT WRITTEN AUTHORIZATION.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS